Don’t we all want to be winners? But if you ask ten people what makes a winner, you are likely to get ten different answers.
Being a winner
First of all, being a winner means continuously and repeatedly generating successes as opposed to success being something that most people might achieve sporadically.
You may be surprised to learn that being such a winner is not necessarily about having a high IQ or being exceptionally gifted. Think about it – haven’t we all heard of super-talented people whose careers somehow fizzled out, while some ‘slow starters’ or ‘late bloomers’ went on to achieve greatness against all odds?
What makes someone a winner?
So if it isn’t necessarily IQ or a raw talent that determines our chances of success, what makes someone a potential winner? Well, it is a combination of maximizing personal potential and continuously improving mental strength and skills development.
The practical outcome of this combination is a constant pushing of the performance and achievement rate, way beyond the limitations of our natural talents. But, how do we do this and what is the secret? How do winners keep on breaking their own records and continuously upgrading their personal best?
Being a winner is always an integration of the following three elements:
- Warriors not only believe that they deserve success, they feel that they owe it to themselves to be on the side of those who succeed.
- Warriors believe that there is always an solution. As a result, they are willing to confront the harshest obstacles.
- Responsible for translating the motivation to succeed into optimal decision making.
- Thinkers strictly apply the principles of T-CUP (Thinking Correctly Under Pressure) – a user-friendly ‘manual’ of 12 rules for great decision making.
- Responsible for translating those winning decisions into winning behaviour.
- The skilfulls courageously debrief themselves. They learn meticulously from both their successes and failures. Skilfulls keep on getting better and continuously break their personal best. That is what characterizes winners the most!
A winner in the mirror
What this all means is that becoming a winner is no longer just a pipe dream – it is a right that can be practically attained. It is just a matter of choice; take responsibility and become your own ultimate life coach.
The reward – an amazing, second-to-none feeling of satisfaction when experiencing the divine sense of self-fulfillment.
The latest articles
More than 20% of Nestlé’s sales last year were pet products
The conglomerate’s pet category is the largest contributor to organic growth, while global sales decreased by 1.5%.
Better Choice to develop weight loss supplement for pets
The Florida-based pet health and wellness firm recently acquired all issued and outstanding shares in Canadian Aimia Pet Healthco for an undisclosed amount.
European pet food manufacturers establish new group
SANYpet, Natural Line and Codico have created a new production and distribution group to capture the international market.
Weekly newsletter to stay up-to-date
Discover what’s happening in the pet industry. Get the must-read stories and insights in your inbox.